- Posted by Diane Staehr Fenner
- On October 17, 2014
- 0 Comments
We provide technical assistance to schools and districts related so that they can comply with district, state, and federal EL policies and legislation. We have provided technical assistance to such clients as the Syracuse City School District (NY) and the Illinois State Board of Education.
Our technical services include:
- Providing assistance with the design and implementation of cohesive language support programs for ELs, including dual language instruction programs
- Lending expertise in the design of professional standards for teachers of ELs
- Helping clients ensure their teacher evaluation systems are inclusive of teachers who work with ELs
We also conduct high quality research and analyze results for clients. Some of our recent research has been conducted for the Center for Applied Linguistics and the United States Department of Education.
Our research services include:
- Conducting literature reviews on topics related to EL education and achievement
- Reviewing and analyzing policies that affect EL education and achievement
- Conducting cognitive labs with ELs on content assessments