- Posted by Michele Iris
- On May 5, 2022
- 0 Comments
Multilingual Learner (ML) Coach Position | SupportEd
SupportEd, LLC is a woman-owned small business based in Fairfax, VA specializing in Multilingual Learners (MLs). Founded in 2011 by Dr. Diane Staehr Fenner, best-selling author and ML expert, SupportEd meticulously crafts customized solutions to fit each client’s strengths, needs, and provides teachers and administrators the practical tools necessary to champion MLs’ success within and beyond the classroom. All SupportEd team members have prior experience in the classroom which enables the SupportEd team to provide realistic, actionable solutions. Services include online and in-person immersive professional development workshops, easy-to-implement tools and resources, and an array of supporting services.
What you’ll do
The Multilingual Learner (ML) Coach is responsible for the development and facilitation of professional learning content directly to SupportEd’s partner districts and organizations. The ML Coach will also provide observation and coaching services to teachers to support ML learning. The ideal candidate will be efficient, detail-oriented, and experienced in providing professional development services, coaching, and curriculum development for Multilingual Learners.
This is a full-time position with occasional trips to our headquarters based in Old Town Fairfax, VA. The ideal candidate will live in the Mid-Atlantic region area (based in NY, DC, MD, PA, or VA) and be available to travel approximately once per month to partner district(s).
- Develop virtual and in-person professional development content and tools according to SupportEd’s style
- Facilitate virtual and in-person professional development for schools, districts, and organizations
Observation and Coaching
- Provide virtual and in-person coaching services to teachers
- Develop model lesson plans to support the implementation of professional learning directly to specific classroom contexts
- Communicate on teacher progress with school administrators and cultivate leader buy-in
- Contribute to curriculum and assessment development, including differentiation that is inclusive of MLs
- Contribute to other TA projects as needed
- Contribute to technical writing projects (e.g., synthesizing research, summarizing focus group input)
- Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field
- Native speaker of a language other than English desired
- Five or more years of classroom teaching experience as an ESOL or bilingual teacher
- Extensive experience providing professional development at the school or district level
- Please submit salary requirements with cover letter.
- Eligibility for company bonuses
- Flexible working environment
- Use of company computer, printer, equipment, and technology
- Allowance for company portion of internet and cell phone
- Additional monthly reimbursement provided by company pre-tax for personal choice of health care premium
- Eligibility for employee 401 (k) contributions with company match of up to 3% of salary
- Two weeks of paid vacation for first two years of employment plus company holidays (linked to and exceeding federal holidays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
SupportEd is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Primary location Mid-Atlantic region areas (based in NY, DC, MD, PA, or VA)
How to apply
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2022
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Completed job assessment task.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.