Thank you for following DSF Consulting. October 2012 saw us presenting and writing on the topic of the Common Core State Standards for English Learners.
- Diane began writing a weekly blog about issues related to the Common Core State Standards for ELs for the Colorín Colorado website. The blog has already been very well received with educators from across the country who are reading the blog and making comments. We’re linking the Colorín Colorado blog to the newly launched blog section of the DSF Consulting website so you can find the CCSS blog in both places.
- Ayanna and Diane met with stakeholders from New York and Rhode Island as part of the American Federation of Teachers’ i3-sponsored teacher evaluation project. Ayanna and Diane are designing a two-day professional development session on issues affecting the instruction of ELs. They will present this information to teacher evaluators from both states in early 2013.
- Ayanna’s article titled Job Opportunities for ESL Teachers was published in Teachers of Color magazine. Take a look here!
- Diane attended the ninth Association of Latino Administrators and Supervisors (ALAS) Annual Summit on Hispanic Education in Miami, Florida. While there, she:
- Presented an interactive session titled Preparing effective teachers of ELs n the age of the Common Core State Standards
- Provided support with three focus groups
- Facilitated three roundtable sessions on the implementation of the CCSS. Read about her findings here.
Latest posts by Diane Staehr Fenner (see all)